Updated: Nov 6, 2019
There are some wonderful places that sometime in your life that you daydream about. These are the five that make it to my bucket list that I have to see in my lifetime:
1. Victoria Falls in Zambia is considered to be the worlds largest water falls in terms of height and width. It is over 334 ft high and has a width of over 5,604 ft it is part of the Zambezi River system. There are three wild life sanctuaries associated with the falls the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Victoria Falls National Park and the Zambezi National Park. In the parks there are a variety of animal life such as elephants, lions, leopards, antelopes and zebras; trees such as ebony, mahogany and ivory palm; birds such as eagles, falcons and herons, and over 39 species of fish. It is indeed a natural beauty.
2. The Mayan pyramid Caracol or El Caracol located in Cayo District of Belize is part of a forest reserve. The pyramids cover over 30 miles of jungle has over 35,000 buildings, an observatory and five plazas. It is truly a marvelous site.
3. Machu Picchu in Peru is an Incan city dating back to the 15th century and is one of the most breathtaking sights in the world. It was a royal estate that was abandoned in the early 16th century when the conquistadors came to South America. It is a great example of architectural genius.
4. The Great Wall of China is a collection of fortifications built in the northern part of the country to protect Chinese States and Empires from invasions from various nomadic groups. Some of the wall was built as early as the 7th century B.C., however, most the walls we know were constructed by the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644). The total length of the wall is estimated to be 13,171 miles. It is one of the most impressive structures in the world.
5. The Grand Canyon is a river valley that is in Arizona, USA that was created by the Colorado River. It is estimated to be 277 miles long, 18 miles wide and 6,093 feet deep. The canyon has its own sub-climates that have different ecological zones of plant and animal life. It is a beautiful display of nature’s variety.
Do you have any place that is a must go for your bucket list? Let us know in the comments below.